Monday, August 18, 2014

I Get to go back to school tomorrow.

I know, I've already made one super long post today, but I'm super lonely.
I'm so excited about it. There's so many things that are different from high school to college. Like I have a class that's only two days long and one is on a Saturday. Also, the fact that it's weird to go from eight to three straight through in college is so nice. I hated going eight to three in high school. Classes in high school were usually boring. Guys, I only have two classes on Friday and I don't start until eleven or noon. It kind of sucks that I go until 4:30 everyday except Fridays. BTW, don't stalk me just because I showed you all my schedule. That's just plain rude and creepy.
And I applied for a job on campus earlier today. Hopefully I'll at least get an interview, but it's for the University Board (which basically plans and executes all the fun stuff we do on campus) so I'm thinking the fact that I'm a freshman might exclude me from it. It let me apply ok with saying I'm a freshman, but that doesn't mean anything.
I'm super excited about my GPA going up. It means that I'm actually eligible to participate in formal rush this September without any real worry. Usually I'm a really good student, but I feel like I kind of flopped last semester.
It's really weird. I have a friend that credit wise is a junior this year, but she started last fall. J.P., one of our other friends, and I decided that you can't be anything but a freshman your first year at college. If you have taken dual-credit or a college class or two in high school, it's not nearly the same as taking the classes in college. So, since you know about as much about college as everyone who is a freshman creditwise, you're still a freshman. I'm still a freshman. Next semester I'll be a sophomore. It seems to be going by really super fast.
Also, the semesters are shorter than high school semesters, so it makes everything seem even quicker. There are fewer breaks, though. Fewer days off. Or at least they're not as spread out. I have a month off for my "winter break" and an entire week off for Thanksgiving. My high school kind of screwed us with Thanksgiving. We got that Thursday and Friday off. That's it.
I actually packed up some stuff earlier to get ready to leave. I just haven't had the motivation to get anything into my car yet.  So it's all this huge mess in my room. And I need to do laundry, but I have one brother that got home today and another that's leaving tomorrow and one washer/dryer.
Kay I think it's crazy that even a small change can cause us to lose control. It's not that I think being alone for two nights is small for me or that your fights are extremely stressful for you, but compared to an eating disorder they just seem...tiny. Like, you hear those stories about people who were bullied their entire childhood, so they start dieting in teenhood and then eventually fight an eating disorder. And then you have me going the only person who even slightly gets me is almost three hours away if you drive the speed limit. Then again, I'm preset to starve myself because I've dealt with it before.
 I thought I had quit having dreams like that ages ago. I haven't restricted in ages. The last one I had was really weird. All these cupcakes were floating around me, and then I was in the hospital for being severely underweight and all the problems that come with it. Then my mom woke me up and I still thought I was hooked up to all the IVs and stuff for about two seconds.
I eat way better when I'm at school. I had actually lost five pounds over the course of last semester because I was walking to class and had better food choices. It was pretty exciting. Over this summer, I was working with a doctor to try and get my mental medications right. All of them can cause weight gain. Luckily, this doctor recognized that I had the symptoms of being bi-polar and now I feel more stable because of my medications, so maybe I can work my butt off to lose the 25ish pounds that I gained over summer.
I'm going to a state school (I've got two older brothers and both my parents that went to school before I did, so I had to pick a cheap school) for graphic design. This will be my first semester actually taking any art classes. My older brother works for his school's marketing department, and the head of it is actually a graduate from where I'm going to school. My brother says that this guy has taught him more than any of his actual professors about graphic design, so I think I chose a good school for what I'm going into.
 And I know you didn't ask, but fun fact, my girlfriend is going to the same school (we're roommates. It works cause we've basically lived with each our entire lives) for accounting. She started off going as a Special education major, and realized over spring break (we started last semester) that she can't teach and she shouldn't try to force it.
Huge reply.
Alright, I think I have everything out of my system. Thank you, guys.
Love,
Alex

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you replied! your schedule seems hectic but good at the same time! I'm excited for you to start back up as well!
    & that's awesome about your gf! How exciting is it to go to school and be able to share all those memories together!
    I'm unlucky, I'm going BACK to school after already having a career & my boyfriend is an old fart so he's done with school lol. No crazy memories for us in college.

    I can't wait to start back up either! I kind of love being crazy busy. I'm insane like that ;)
    <3

    ReplyDelete