Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Finally have some time alone!

I've been sick (I think) the past couple of days. I've just been so tired that it's hard to get out of bed until about four in the afternoon, even after sleeping from one AM to noon or eleven. I'm just so tired all of the time. I don't think it's depression because once I'm up, I'm motivated enough to do things. Every night I get my homework done, and then I get zeros because I couldn't get my butt to class. I'm going to see the doctor tomorrow
.
Kay- Chapter is like a weekly meeting with the entire group at the school. Social sororities have them in their nifty little chapter houses. All of the elected officials in the organization gives a report (if they have one). I don't really know how to describe it, but really it's just the official business of the group. Also, I don't know about social sororities, as I'm not in one, but during our chapter meetings we pass around "interest" forms for shirts, bags, ect.., or events. If enough of us show interest by putting our names on this paper, they send around one that says "final". Anyone with their name on the "final" is expected to pay for anything that needs purchased or be at the event.
I didn't consider that I might have readers that don't know about this kind of stuff, so I'm going to also try to explain what "pledge class" is, even though I don't know that I've said much about it.
My personal pledge class is only pledges until December 7, which is when we become "active" members (also just called actives). Basically, it's so that you know some people in the group, and so that you learn more about the actually organization. We meet every Sunday at 8, and have a quiz over materials that we've been given before hand. Last Sunday we met our "Bigs" which is basically our personal mentor.
I hope that I've explained everything well enough!
Love,
Alex
P.S. Sorry it's mostly replying to comment; I got a surprise dinner invite from friends.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for explaining!
    Sorry you're so tired lately : / You should definitely get it checked out because you don't want that to interfere with school!
    Hope everything else is well with you though, hope to read more soon!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you've been feeling sick. Rest will only do you good if you're not well. Good luck with the doctor tomorrow <3

    xx

    ReplyDelete